All students admitted to the University that wish admission to the Teacher Education Program (TEP) will receive a Provisional Admission to the major of their interest until they satisfy the admission requirements of the TEP.
To be admitted or readmitted to the Teacher Education Program (TEP), students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have a minimum academic point average of 2.50 at the university level.
- Have approved the following courses with a minimum grade of B.
- EDUC 1080 (Field Experience in the Educational Scenario I), or its equivalent.
- EDUC 2021 (History and Philosophy of Education) or EDUC 2022 (Society and Education) or EDUC 2022 (Society and Education) or EDUC 2031 (Developmental Psychology).
- GESP 1101 (Literature and Communication: Narrative and Essay) and 1102 (Literature and Communication: Poetry and Theater)
- A course in English at one of the following levels of English.
- Basic Level: GEEN 1101 and 1102 (English as a Second Language I and II)
- Intermediate Level: GEEN 1201 and 1202 (Development of English through Reading I) or GEEN 1202 (Development of English through Reading II).
- Advanced Level: GEEN 2311 (Reading and Writing) and 2312 (Literature and Writing).
Students wishing to enter the Teaching of English as a Second Language at the Elementary Level program or the Teaching of English as a Second Language at the Secondary Level program must have passed the courses GEEN 2311 (Reading and Writing) or GEEN 2312 (Literature and Writing).
Students will have two (2) semesters o three (3) trimesters, from the Provisional Admission to the TEP, to complete the admission requirements. If they do not complete these requirements in the required time, they must choose another field of studies.